Low Carb American Style Pancakes
- 8g of carbs
- 10 mins
- Serves 4-5
- 125g almond flour
- 60-70ml water
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp honey/stevia blend (I used Whole Earth) or 1-2 tbsp sweetener
- Dash of salt
- 2-3 tsp of oil
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl until well combined. You should have a runny consistency. If the consistency is too thick, you can add more water.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Pour a large spoonful of the batter into the pan. Cook for approximately 1-3 minutes until bubbles are forming and the edge of the pancake begins to dry.
- Flip, and cook until browned on the other side. Repeat with remaining batter to serve 4-5 pancakes.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 18 g||28 %|
|Saturated Fat 2 g||9 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 93 mg||31 %|
|Sodium 79 mg||3 %|
|Potassium 35 mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 8 g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3 g||13 %|
|Sugars 2 g|
|Protein 10 g||20 %|
|Vitamin A||3 %|
|Vitamin C||0 %|
* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs.
** The values here may not be 100% accurate and should be used as a guide only.
Never miss a recipe! Subscribe to our YouTube channel for the latest recipe videos
An easy recipe for delicious gluten-free, low carb American style pancakes. These are a perfect option for breakfast, lunch or as a treat. You can top them with your favourite low carb syrup, low carb spread or eat them plain.
You can make these in large batches and store them in the freezer. They freeze well and can be reheated in a microwave or toaster once defrosted.
Products used in this recipe
There are so many brands selling all kinds of low carb/sugar-free items that it can be hard to choose! These are my favourite and most used products, particularly for this recipe:
- Diablo Hazelnut Chocolate spread . I purchase a lot of my low carb/sugar-free treats from Sweet Victory Products. I recommend checking them out as they have a variety of items. As a diabetesand.me reader, you are eligible for a 10% discount on your first order, using the following discount code: DAM10.
- Carbzone Low Carb Organic Almond Flour 500g
- Whole Earth Sweetener Co. Honey & Stevia Blend, 350g
Recipe inspired by allrecipes.co.uk