Low Carb Vegan Broccoli Burgers
- 4g of carbs
- 30 mins
- Serves 6
- 100g broccoli florets
- 1 small red onion
- 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
- 3 tbsp chickpea flour
- Pinch of curry powder, cumin, ginger, and chili powder, ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- Roughly chop the onion and broccoli florets. Place the onion, broccoli, and coriander into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Whisk together the chickpea flour, spices/herbs, and the ground flax seed in a separate bowl, then stir in the broccoli mixture until fully combined.
- Using your hands, shape the mixture firmly into 6 small flat burgers. Leave them in the fridge to chill and firm for at least 20 minutes.
- Add the oil to a frying pan and preheat on medium heat. Fry the burgers until they are golden on each side. Serve immediately.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 12 g||19 %|
|Saturated Fat 2 g||8 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 8 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 0 mg||0 %|
|Sodium 20 mg||1 %|
|Potassium 72 mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 4 g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1 g||6 %|
|Sugars 1 g|
|Protein 2 g||3 %|
|Vitamin A||0 %|
|Vitamin C||0 %|
* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs.
** The values here may not be 100% accurate and should be used as a guide only.
These are a delicious meat-free alternative to burgers! They are also a great way to use up any leftover broccoli you have. Who’d have thought vegetables could make such tasty burgers? I like to serve these with low carb burger buns, celeriac fries and a salad.
I make these with chickpea flour, however, you can substitute this with any other low carb flour, such as almond flour.
If you are like me and need to limit your fat intake, you can fry the burgers in a frying pan with a small amount of oil. I tend to use an olive oil spray as that helps me to use less. Alternatively, you could grill the burgers until they are golden on each side. This should bring the fat content down to around 3g of fat per burger.
Products used in this recipe
There are various brands selling all kinds of low carb/ sugar-free items, it can often be hard to choose! These are my favourite and most used products, particularly for this recipe:
Please note, these links are affiliate links. This means if you use these links to purchase these products we will receive a small percentage of the sale. Any money we make from these affiliate links go towards the running cost of the website.