Low Carb Cheese, Bacon and Sausage Frittata
- 5g of carbs
- 60-70 mins
- Serves 6
- 6 eggs
- 4 slices of bacon, chopped into small pieces
- 4 sausages, chopped (check the carb content as they can be high in carbs)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 80 - 100g spinach (more/less depending on preference)
- 200 / 250g cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 200°C / 400°F / gas mark 6.
- Cook the sausages as per the instructions on the packet and set aside.
- Fry the bacon until browned and crispy and set aside.
- Grease a frying pan with olive oil and add the spinach. Cook until wilted and set aside.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl or a large jug and whisk with a fork. Add the parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the eggs into a large casserole dish. Add the spinach, cheese (saving a bit to put on top), bacon and sausages and stir in the dish until well combined. Top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 26g||40%|
|Saturated Fat 11g||56%|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 2g|
|Trans Fat 0g|
* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs.
** The values here may not be 100% accurate and should be used as a guide only.
This is my most favourite breakfast! It’s SO delicious it’s unreal. At just 5g of carbs per serving, I can eat this knowing that I don’t have to worry about my blood glucose levels spiking.
Ensure that you check the carb amount on the sausages you use. In the past, I have purchased sausages without checking the carb amount only to find that my blood glucose levels spiked. Upon investigation, I found that the sausages were the culprits. If you are unable to find low carb sausages, you could omit them and make your own meatballs as an alternative.
If you are concerned about the fat content, I have tried this recipe with reduced fat cheese and it worked just as well and still tasted delicious! You could also trim the fat off of the bacon and use low-fat sausages (once again, check the carb amount as low fat can often mean high carb).