Low Carb Chicken Biriyani
- 12g of carbs
- 30 mins
- Serves 2
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts, diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/4 of medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin
- Salt & pepper
- 300g cauliflower rice
- 300ml chicken stock
- Spinach (optional)
- Heat some olive oil in a frying pan. Add the onion and garlic and fry until soft.
- Add the chicken to the frying pan and cook until sealed.
- Add the curry powder, turmeric, cumin, salt, and pepper to the chicken and stir until well coated.
- Add the cauliflower rice and dry fry for 2 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken stock and add the spinach if desired. Cook for 20 minutes, stirring regularly until the Chicken Biriyani has reached the desired consistency.
- Serve with salad or a low carb pita.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 13g||20%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||9%|
|Monounsaturated Fat 6g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1g|
|Trans Fat 0g|
* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs.
** The values here may not be 100% accurate and should be used as a guide only.
If you are looking for a quick, but tasty, dinner then look no further. This is my go-to meal when I am in a rush but still fancy something with flavour. I often serve this with a low carb pita and it feels like I am having a takeaway!
This recipe equals to 12g of carbs and 3g of net carbs per serving. If you would like to reduce the total carb amount you can omit the onion and use just 1 tbsp of curry powder.