Low Carb Hasselback Chicken
- 4g of carbs
- 25 mins
- Serves 2
- 2 chicken breasts
- 6 basil leaves
- Half a ball of mozzarella, cut into 6 slices
- 3 sundried tomatoes, cut into 6 pieces
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil spray
- Preheat the oven to 200℃ / 400℉ / gas mark 6. Grease an ovenproof tray.
- Place the chicken on the tray. Slit the chicken in 3 places, taking care not to cut right through.
- In each slit, add a basil leaf, piece of mozzarella and a piece of sundried tomato. Drizzle with olive oil and season.
- Bake for 15-20 until the chicken is cooked right through.
- Once cooked, remove the chicken from the oven. Top with your favourite sauce to serve, such as pesto.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 11g||17%|
|Saturated Fat 6g||28%|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0g|
|Trans Fat 0g|
* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs.
** The values here may not be 100% accurate and should be used as a guide only.
Hasselback chicken is one of my personal favourites. It is such a quick and easy recipe to make, with no compromise to taste. Each bite treats you with layers of flavour. If you aren’t a fan of pesto you can top this with your preferred sauce.
This dish goes great with my ‘Faux’ Loaded Potato Skins or alternatively you could serve with a salad.