Low Carb Beef Ravioli
- 8g of carbs
- 40 mins
- Serves 2-3
- For the filling:
- 400g beef mince
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 tbsp chives
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 160g-200g spinach
- 2 courgettes
For the sauce:
- 250g passata
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp garlic granules
- 1/2 tbsp Italian herbs
- Salt and pepper
- A few pinches of sweetener
- 100-150g grated cheddar cheese for topping
- Preheat your oven to 190℃ / 375℉ / Gas mark 5.
- Preheat a frying pan and add the beef mince. Stir continuously until the mince has cooked and browned.
- Add the garlic and spinach to the pan and continue stirring. Cook until the spinach has wilted. Thoroughly mix the spinach in with the beef mince.
- Add the cream cheese, chives, salt, and pepper to the pan. Cook on a low heat for 10 minutes, occasionally stirring.
- Meanwhile, cut the ends off of the courgettes. Then, cut a thin slice off both courgettes lengthways. Using a grater, grate thin strips to use for the ravioli. You will need a total of 32 strips. I have provided a video to demonstrate how to cut the strips.
- To make the sauce, add the passata, tomato puree, garlic granules, Italian herbs, salt and pepper, and the sweetener to a pan. Cook over a low/medium heat for 10-15 minutes.
- To assemble the ravioli, you need to position 2 courgette strips vertically and overlap with 2 courgette strips horizontally, forming the shape of a cross. I have provided a video to demonstrate how to position and fill the strips.
- In the center of the cross, place a large spoonful of the beef filling. Wrap the courgette strips up to enclose the beef mixture.
- Place the ravioli parcels onto a baking dish.
- Pour the tomato sauce over the ravioli parcels and top with the grated cheese. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve with your favourite vegetables.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 13 g||20 %|
|Saturated Fat 4 g||22 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 11 mg||4 %|
|Sodium 211 mg||9 %|
|Potassium 320 mg||9 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 8 g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4 g||16 %|
|Sugars 3 g|
|Protein 35 g||70 %|
|Vitamin A||98 %|
|Vitamin C||25 %|
* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs.
** The values here may not be 100% accurate and should be used as a guide only.
How to cut the courgette into strips
How to position and wrap the courgette strips
Beef ravioli is an old time favourite of mine. I used to eat this as a quick and easy dinner, and I must confess, with a rather large helping of garlic bread. My diet has certainly changed since then, but my craving for beef ravioli has not. I was a little apprehensive about trying this dish with courgette as I’m not a huge lover of it. But, I must say, as the courgette strips are so thin and there is a delicious tomato sauce coating you really don’t notice the courgette. Especially with the melted cheese. I was suprised as to how similar in texture this dish was. I definately recommend trying it. At just 8g of carbs and 4g of net carbs, this shouldn’t have too much of an impact on blood glucose levels.
Inspired by Delish