Easy Low Carb Strawberry Jam
- 3g of carbs
- 30 mins
- Serves 13
- 450g of strawberries, washed and finely sliced
- 2 tbsp of sweetener, I used erythritol (optional)
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- Heat the 2 tablespoons of water in a medium-sized pan on a medium heat. Add the 2 tablespoons of erythritol and heat to near boil stirring continuously. The sweetener should have dissolved and the liquid should be clear.
- Add the strawberries to the pan and heat until they begin to soften and can easily break apart. This will take roughly around 3-4 minutes.
- Once the strawberries have softened, mash with the back of a fork or a potato masher.
- Continuously stir the mashed strawberries until near boil. Just before it boils add the 2 tablespoons of chia seeds and turn to a low heat. Continue stirring every few minutes on a low heat for the next 15 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat. If the jam seems too runny, cover the pan and leave to one side for 15 minutes to thicken. If you are happy with the texture, pour the jam into a mason jar and cover with a lid. If the thickness is correct but you would prefer a smoother texture, you can add the jam to a blender before storing in the mason jar.
- Enjoy on low carb bread, over Greek yogurt, or experiment with baking and add it to low carb dessert recipes!
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 1 g||1 %|
|Saturated Fat 0 g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 0 mg||0 %|
|Sodium 0 mg||0 %|
|Potassium 62 mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 3 g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1 g||6 %|
|Sugars 2 g|
|Protein 1 g||1 %|
|Vitamin A||0 %|
|Vitamin C||34 %|
* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs.
** The values here may not be 100% accurate and should be used as a guide only.
*** Please note the carb values of erythritol have not been included as we cannot digest these carbs.
I just love this easy to make delicious and nutritious jam. It’s made with some of my favourite low carb ingredients: strawberries and chia seeds. Strawberries have become my best friend since following a low carb diet. I still cannot get over how sweet they taste and how low in carbs they are! Chia seeds are also a great source of omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, antioxidants, iron, and calcium.
You can use this jam in so many ways. The traditional way, on bread, scones, Victoria sponge (all low carb versions of course!) etc, or you can experiment. I have mixed this with Greek yogurt to make a delicious low carb strawberry yogurt. I have mixed it with cream cheese to make icing for cupcakes. There is so much you can do with this.
A serving has roughly 3g of total carbs and 2g of net carbs. As expected, my sugar levels did not spike after having 2 servings of jam on some low carb scones I made. As this is so easy to make, I make regular batches of these as it is so handy to have.
Products used in this recipe
There are various brands selling all kinds of low carb/ sugar-free items, it can often be hard to choose! These are my favourite and most used products, particularly for this recipe:
Please note, these links are affiliate links. This means if you use these links to purchase these products we will receive a small percentage of the sale. Any money we make from these affiliate links go towards the running cost of the website.