Quick and Easy Low Carb Tacos
- 7g of carbs
- 20 mins
- Serves 4
- For meat filling:
- 500g mince beef (I used 5% fat)
- 100ml water
Fajita spice mix:
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin and garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp oregano and cayenne pepper
For the taco shells
- 4 low carb wraps (I used Josephs)
- Spray oil
- Some foil to shape wraps into tacos
- Preheat the oven to 190℃ / 375℉ / gas mark 5.
- Dry fry the mince in a frying pan, continuously stirring whilst it browns. Add the garlic cloves.
- Once the mince has browned, add the fajita spice mix and water and stir until well combined. Leave to simmer until the water has evaporated, stirring regularly.
- Whilst the mince is simmering, shape two pieces of foil into an oblong shape so that you can rest the low carb wraps over them to form a taco shell shape. Once you have positioned the wraps over the foil, spray with oil and bake in the oven for about 5-10 minutes until they have hardened (be sure to keep an eye on them so they do not burn).
- Remove taco shells from oven and stuff with the beef filling. Top with your favourite toppings, such as lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, and salsa.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 8 g||12 %|
|Saturated Fat 2 g||11 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 0 mg||0 %|
|Sodium 1099 mg||46 %|
|Potassium 27 mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 7 g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1 g||4 %|
|Sugars 0 g|
|Protein 33 g||66 %|
|Vitamin A||6 %|
|Vitamin C||1 %|
* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs.
** The values here may not be 100% accurate and should be used as a guide only.
If you are looking for a quick and tasty recipe that the whole family can enjoy, then look no further. Ready in about 20 minutes at only 7g of carbs, what is not to love?
Be sure to keep an eye on the wraps when they are in the oven, as you do not want them to burn!
Also, I strongly advise eating these over a plate as they can get messy. But it is well worth the mess. These have become one of my go-to Friday evening recipes when I am tired from a week of work. Quick, easy and very satisfying. I hope you enjoy!
Products used in this recipe
The main special ingredient used in this recipe is the low carb wrap. See below for the brand I use.