Low Carb Sausage Rolls
- 13g of carbs
- 40 mins
- Serves 4
- 400g pork mince
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp sage
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- 3 low carb wraps (I used Josephs)
- Preheat the oven to 200℃ / 400℉ / gas mark 6.
- Mix the pork mince, onion, sage, thyme, parsley, mustard powder, salt, pepper, and about 80% of the beaten egg (saving some for glazing) until well combined.
- Mould the sausage meat into 3 sausage shapes, roughly the same length as the wraps and place onto a greased baking tray. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Lay out the wraps and brush with the egg mixture. Place a sausage at one end of the wrap and roll up tightly.
- Glaze the tops of the sausage rolls with the rest of the beaten egg. Pop back into the oven for 10 minutes or until browned. Cut up the sausage rolls and serve.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 12g||19%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||11%|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0g|
|Trans Fat 0g|
* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs.
** The values here may not be 100% accurate and should be used as a guide only.
Sausage rolls are something I am not prepared to give up, so I had to find a low carb alternative. These are great for dinner parties, snacks, and picnics. I sometimes make a batch of these on the weekends and have them as part of my lunch in the week.
I used Josephs Low Carb Flax, Oat Bran & Whole Wheat Tortilla Wraps in my recipe, but any low carb wraps will do.
Products used in this recipe
The main special ingredient used in this recipe is the low carb wrap. See below for the brand I use.