Low Carb Spicy Breaded Chicken Strips
- 3g of carbs
- 25 mins
- Serves 3
- 3 chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 130g / 1/2 cup sesame flour
- 20g / 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp garlic granules
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- In a bowl, mix the sesame flour, parmesan cheese, cayenne pepper, garlic granules, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- Dip the chicken strips into the beaten egg and then into the dry mixture, turning the strips to ensure they are fully coated.
- Once all of the chicken strips are coated, heat some olive oil in a frying pan. Fry the chicken until cooked and the coating is crispy, turning continuously.
- Serve as a side-dish or a snack.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 23g||35%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||11%|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0g|
|Trans Fat 0g|
* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs.
** The values here may not be 100% accurate and should be used as a guide only.
Crispy, succulent and scrumptious is what comes to mind when I think of this recipe. My partner’s face lights up when I mention to him that I am making these. The parmesan and sesame flour make the coating crispy when fried, and they also add rich flavours.
If you are not a fan of spicy food you can just omit the cayenne pepper.
If you do not have sesame flour, you can make it by grounding sesame seeds into a fine crumb (being careful not to overdo it otherwise it will form a butter). Or you can try substitute sesame flour for ground flaxseed, almond flour, or any other ground nut or seed.
If you are anything like me, you are probably used to ordering the spicy chicken strips as a side when ordering your pizza delivery. Am I right? If yes, you can totally recreate that naughty but nice moment without losing any of the delicious flavour. Make a Cauliflower pizza and serve with a side of this breaded chicken, costing you only 11g of carbs for the whole meal. If you were to order the pizza and chicken as a takeout, this would equate to 65g+ of carbs! I know what I would choose…
Products used in this recipe
There are various brands selling all kinds of low carb/ sugar-free items, it can often be hard to choose! These are my favourite and most used products, particularly for this recipe: