Sugar Free Syrup Made With Sweetener
- 0g of carbs
- 5 mins
- Serves 10
- 100g of erythritol or xylitol
- 110ml water
- Add the water and the sweetener to a saucepan and heat over a medium heat.
- Stir continuously and bring to near boil. Once it is nearly boiling remove from heat and stir until the sugar has dissolved and the liquid is clear and no longer cloudy.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge and use within a week.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0g|
|Trans Fat 0g|
* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs.
** The values here may not be 100% accurate and should be used as a guide only.
This sugar-free syrup is perfect for replacing ingredients such as honey or sugar syrup in recipes. It works well as a binding agent in recipes such as granola bars and flapjacks. Other great uses are adding it to sweeten drinks such as lemonade, iced tea or iced coffee.
Please note that although the nutritional information shows that there is 10g of carbs per serving, the carbs in these sweeteners are not absorbed/digested by our bodies and therefore do not have an effect on our blood glucose levels.
If you would like to know more about sweeteners, take a look at our comprehensive guide on sweeteners.
Products used in this recipe
There are various brands selling all kinds of low carb/ sugar-free items, it can often be hard to choose! These are my favourite and most used products, particularly for this recipe:
Please note, these links are affiliate links. This means if you use these links to purchase these products we will receive a small percentage of the sale. Any money we make from these affiliate links go towards the running cost of the website.